A Guide to Decentralized Finance – DeFi
The objectives of this course are to:
- Define what Decentralized Finance is and how it may upend the Traditional Finance.
- Recognize the potential of this technology in banking the unbanked.
- Compare both the pros and cons of DeFi and TradFi.
- Discuss the risks and opportunities of this emerging financial concept.
- Help the learners gain the necessary expertise for utilizing dApps and DeFi protocols.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain concepts from basic terminologies to complex systems of DeFi.
- Identify the potential of this technology in banking the unbanked.
- Manage financial goals and risks in this ever changing world.
- Apply the knowledge you’ve gained before investing in complex financial instruments.
Decentralized Finance or DeFi, is a new take on the traditional finance (TradFi) system, where principles of open source and permissionless innovation of crypto is taking on the banks and financial institutions.
DeFi is an emerging financial technology that aims to serve the needs of the unbanked and the underbanked population.
You don’t need to study a master’s degree in finance just to get to DeFi.
What you only need is the burning curiosity and the foundation of crypto before defying the trend.